PSSC strives to deliver a high quality standard of service to our customers. If you have cause for complaint, it should initially be directed to PSSC by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Contact Centre directly 076 1002702.
Subsequently, if you believe that your issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can then make a formal complaint. All complaints are treated promptly, fairly, impartially and in confidence. We will endeavour to learn from mistakes to ensure that errors are not repeated.
What is a complaint?
We define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction concerning the provision of a service or services by PSSC, as laid out under the commitments in our Customer Charter.
How do I make a formal complaint?
A complaint can be made to PSSC in any of the following ways:
- email: email@example.com
- Send a letter to: Customer Complaints, (PSSC) Payroll Shared Service Centre Helpdesk, Deerpark, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93KH28.
What information should I provide?
You will help speed up the examination of your complaint by providing the following details:
- your name, PPS number, e-mail address and a daytime telephone number
- a brief description of the transaction or service you are dissatisfied with
What will PSSC do?
- The Service Management team will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days
- We will investigate your complaint and issue a reply to you within 15 working days
- Where a reply is not possible within this specified time frame, an interim reply will be given explaining why and advising when you should receive a final response
What happens if I am not satisfied with the response?
If you feel that your complaint is not resolved or you are unhappy with the resolution you can request a review by a senior staff member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Complaint Review” in the subject line or writing to: Customer Complaints, (PSSC) Payroll Shared Service Centre Helpdesk, Deerpark, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93KH28.
- In order to respond to your request please detail the specific reason why you are requesting a review
- The review stage will consider the following :
- Was your complaint handled in a courteous and professional manner?
- Was a full and thorough investigation into your complaint undertaken?
- Was all the information relating to your complaint provided to you?
- A reply will be issued to you within 10 working days
If the matter is still not resolved who can I contact?
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the PSSC investigation, the matter may be appealed to the Customer Support Manager in the National Shared Services Office, Department of Expenditure and Reform. In order to respond to your request, please detail the specific reason why you are not satisfied with the response to your review.
The Customer Support Manager can be contacted as follows:
- email: email@example.com
- Post: Customer Support Manager, NSSO-Room 1 A, Ground Floor, Department of Expenditure and Reform, 7-9 Merrion Row, Dublin 2.
Can I appeal to the Office of the Ombudsman?
No, you cannot appeal to the Office of the Ombudsman. The legislative basis for excluding PSSC from the Ombudsman’s jurisdiction is set out in Section 5 of the Office of the Ombudsman Act, 1980, paragraph (d)(i)(a) which outlines that “The Ombudsman shall not investigate any action taken by or on behalf of a person- relating to or affecting the terms of conditions- upon and subject to which a person- holds any office.”
The PSSC Customer Complaints Procedure does not affect existing Circular appeals processes.
Also, PSSC is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of individuals and the Customer Department/Public Service Body fully. This is in compliance with the Data Protection legislation and in line with accepted good industry practices. To find out more on data protection in PSSC please see ‘The Data Protection Policy Shared Services’ on the PSSC website. If you wish to report a potential data breach to PSSC you can do so by:
- Phone: 076 1002702;
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Postal Address: (PSSC) Payroll Shared Service Centre Helpdesk, Deerpark, Killarney, Co. Kerry, V93KH28.
We would like to remind you of our mutual obligations under the relevant workplace code of practice for your Public or Civil Service organisation or department, with respect to our correspondence with each other.